In July, 2012 the St. Louis metro area chapter of the Myasthenia Gravis Foundation of America ended their affiliation with the national foundation. In an effort to provide information and referral services and provide a local support group, the St. Louis MGA Board of Directors, asked us if we would provide the administrative oversite for these functions. Since our mission states that we assist those living with MG, their family and friends in MO and in KS, our Board wholeheartedly agreed to accept the organizational and financial responsibility.
Tasks at hand involve:
- update the previous St. Louis MGA mailing list by postcard campaign
- call each person on revised mailing list & acquire email addresses & learn of interest and skills that could move the group forward
- outreach to area neurologists and hospitals
- press release to area media outlets
- develop a format for quarterly 2013 support group meetings
If you are interested in being included on a mailing list to receive notices of St. Louis support group meetings or lending your skills at helping to develop future meetings, please call or email the MGA office: (816) 256-4100 or email@example.com.